Simulate infiltration in a 1D partial frozen soil column

Home Forums Ask for specific Application Simulate infiltration in a 1D partial frozen soil column

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pej 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Montasir
    Participant

In Coupmodel, is there any option or method that can address the freezing and thawing of soils? This is what actually I am looking for in a physical based model.

Unfortunately there is no one in my research group who has experience on Coupmodel. I am having some difficulties to build my model on Coupmodel. I found different website and versions of Coupmodel in the internet. It makes me confused which one is authentic and reliable.

Which version should be appropriate to Simulate infiltration in a 1D partial frozen soil column

Can anyone please help me by providing similar kind of studies and giving me some direction to build the model?

Thanks in advance!!
    Any kind of assistance is much appreciated.

pej
    Keymaster

Dear Montasir,
    Good to hear about your interest for partially frozen soils.
    This is an subject of high interest also to me and I do want to do my best to support your research and interest in this.

Currently there are a number of user of the CoupModel that has similar interest as I understand from you. For instance Mousong Wu that recently defended his Licenciate thesis on this subject at KTH Stockholm.

Recently we also discussed to form a group around frozen soils. It will be interesting to know details about your studies and maybe check for any collaboration project.

You should use this web-site to get the most update version of the CoupModel.

Looking forward to keep in touch

Per-Erik Jansson

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.